Thursday, September 12, 2013

Blog grades posted--please check

Hi, everyone!  I've just posted grades for the first two blog assignments (write your name--2 points; should POLS 220 be required?--3 points) on eCampus.  There is a combined grade for the two assignments (out of 5 possible points).  Please check your grade, and note three things:
1.  In a class of 200, clerical errors are possible.
2.  If you emailed me on the first assignment (posting problems) and I said I'd give you credit, that's not reflected in the current grade post.  If that's the case, please email me again at berchnorto@msn.com, and I'll be able to check my email log, verify, and change the grade.
3.  Grades on the second assignment ranged from 1 to 3.  Better answers refer to things said in class, refer to comments of classmates, offer links to relevant web sites, and offer significant analysis.  It's hard to do a full-credit comment in two sentences.  Look over the comments of your colleagues, and you'll get a better sense of what I'm talking about.

Don't forget that the next blog assignment (on conditions of aid) is due on Monday, September 16.  Also, note that exam #1 takes place (yes, I've mentioned this once or twice in class) on Friday, September 20.  Review sheet will be posted to blog on Tuesday and available in class on Wednesday.  Email if you have questions!--NB